We are hiring!
Cochrane Pregnancy Care Centre
Administrative Assistant Position
About Cochrane Pregnancy Care Centre
Established in 1993, Cochrane Pregnancy Care Centre is a non-profit, Christian agency dedicated to serving teens, women, men and their families who are seeking help with decision-making related to unplanned pregnancy, financial needs related to pregnancy, and other related challenges.
Services to Cochrane and surrounding communities are free and strictly confidential and embody our commitment to providing a warm, safe, non-judgmental, caring environment for everyone, regardless of age, race, income, nationality, religious affiliation or circumstances. Clients can choose to access pregnancy testing, options counselling, the clothing boutique and other material supports, pre-natal and infant parenting classes, adoption assistance and post-abortion grief support for women and men. The Centre has over 200 client visits per year.
The Cochrane Pregnancy Care Centre is seeking a compassionate, dedicated, hard-working individual, who enjoys working collaboratively.
Administrative Assistant, part-time position
works alongside the Executive Director, assisting with overall operations, including office management, communications, administration, client care and fund development.
Administrative Assistant’s duties include but are not limited to:
· Welcoming clients to the Centre with genuine hospitality and care
· Helping build strong relationships with clients, local churches and donors, volunteers and other community partners
· Answering phones, recording messages and responding to emails accurately and professionally
· Creating and distributing hard copy and electronic communications
· Managing website and social media, in collaboration with the Executive Director
· Preparing documents, letters and grants (collaboratively)
· Assisting with event planning and fundraising
· Ability and willingness to anticipate and respond to needs and assist the Executive Director, other staff and volunteers, as required.
· Maintaining strict confidentiality
· Organizational ability, attention to detail and accuracy are essential
· Proficiency with computers and other forms of technology
· Familiarity with social media and graphic design an asset
· Professional, engaging written and verbal communication skills
· Flexibility to multi-task and handle interruptions, as needed
· Ability to be self-directed, see tasks that need completing and delegating, where possible
· Diverse range of experience considered an asset
If you are looking to grow your skillset while making a significant contribution in people’s lives through an innovative, growing, faith-centred organization, we would love to hear from you! We are excited about your values, beliefs and passions aligning with the heart of our work and your willingness to learn and work collaboratively.
Anticipated start date: November 2019
Location: Cochrane, AB
Estimated Time Commitment:
· Position is approximately 20 hours per week, with potential to increase in the future.
Compensation: To be negotiated based on experience level and qualifications. Vacation times are fairly flexible, depending upon workloads, etc.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Laurel Pedersen, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure to include your personal interest in working with Cochrane Pregnancy Care Centre and what skills and qualities you will bring to this position in your cover letter.
Cochrane Pregnancy Care Centre thanks all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.